We want to redress the balance
Reports show that only one in 10 IT leaders and 16% of creative directors are women. We want to change these numbers for the better by teaming up with women – and men – to drive greater diversity in the industry and beyond, creating a more inclusive, innovative and happy workforce.
What you’ll find here
- Opinion, analysis and thought leadership on diversity and inclusion in digital
- News and links for upcoming events
- Opportunities to get involved with Women In Digital
At our Women in Digital events, expert speakers from across the industry discuss a broad range of juicy, insightful topics. From diversity and inclusion to technology and innovation, they inspire us through their personal stories and advice. Expect lively debate across talks, show & tells and panel discussions, with the following four areas featuring prominently:
Innovation & Tech
We look at the latest tech trends and assess the wider societal impact of new products and services.
Design & UX
From user research to creative and design, we assess every part of the discipline from every angle.
Business & Strategy
Our events discuss how businesses can improve workplace productivity, project delivery, data analytics and more.
Careers & Life Lessons
Guest speakers share inspirational stories and advice on navigating careers and developing both personally and professionally.
Women in Digital: The Magic of Mentoring
As the digital and technology sectors strive to become more inclusive, we aim to champion this through representation. Representation enables us to challenge and combat bias.
- The Magic of Mentoring: Lucy Griffiths, one of the creators of our mentorship scheme, explains how the initiative started.
- The Magic of Mentoring Roundtable: We share stories about the impact mentoring has had on their lives.
- Advice from the women of Zone: We open up the floor to our designers, directors, developers, strategists and more, as the women of Zone share inspiring anecdotes from their careers.
Zone Book Club
In association with Campaign and Penguin Business, we host regular Book Clubs where renowned business leaders and authors discuss key topics and themes from their lives and careers. Inspirational female innovators in technology have featured regularly:
- Dame Stephanie Shirley, philanthropist and author of Let It Go
- Ann Francke, CEO of the Chartered Management Institute and author of Create a Gender-balanced Workplace
- Rana el Kaliouby, Co-founder and CEO of Affectiva and author of Girl Decoded
- Anne Boden, Founder & CEO of Starling Bank and author of Banking On It
Meet some of our Zone women
We’re working with Creative Equals to drive greater diversity in our business to enable a more inclusive, innovative and happier workforce.
We asked some of our inspirational women at Zone to tell us why more women should join the technology sector. Our frontend dev Julia Lax tells us how she thinks the technology sector can become more inclusive.
We're a customer experience agency using data, design and creative to transform businesses.